Santa Monica Seafood
- Premier multi-species seafood processor and distributor in the U.S. – family owned since 1939
- Extensive market knowledge gained through years of experience in both foodservice & grocery
- 120,000 ft2 headquarters in Rancho Dominguez, CA along with another 80,000 ft2 of additional satellite distribution and/or processing locations in CA, AZ, NV, NM and TX plus 2 retail seafood stores and cafes in CA
- Specialists in bringing high quality, value-added proteins to retail markets.
- Extensive experience in seafood production and case-ready/value-added processing.
Focused on chilled Case-Ready seafood
- Wealth of experience with value added case-ready format
- Market leader in chilled short-life seafood
- Market leader in packaging solutions, food safety and product development
A BETTER WAY TO SEAFOOD
- Ideal portion sizes, no waste
- Recyclable trays
- Maintains freshness
- Easy to store (and freeze when needed)
- Clear labeling and traceability
- How to cook and recipe ideas
Our seafood is packed in the latest technology to ensure freshness, no waste and ease of preparation.
Often folk do not have a clear idea how to cook seafood or what best recipe to use – Santa Monica Seafood ensures that our fabulous fresh fish is trimmed to avoid waste and has clear, easy-to-follow cooking instructions and recipe ideas.
We believe that just as seafood is good for you, it should also be convenient to purchase, easy to store and simple to prepare and cook!
THE Santa Monica SEAFOOD SOLUTION
WE ARE PROUD TO MAINTAIN FOOD SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL CERTIFICATIONS AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL.
First and only seafood company in the US to hold FSSC22000 and ISO 140001 as well as additional BAP and MSC certifications
Where We Supply
Santa Monica Seafood CAN
SUPPLY CHILLED CASE-READY
SEAFOOD TO OVER HALF OF NORTH
AMERICA FROM OUR 3 SITES
A BETTER WAY
Food Safety & Certification
We are proud to maintain food safety and environmental certifications at the highest level.
Full traceability from farm/ fishery to plate, ensuring certifications right to customer
- Our products benefit from Santa Monica seafood’s 80 years experience of responsible seafood sourcing
- Company philosophy reflects generations of involvement in fisheries around the world
- Over 60 species from fully certified sources Founding members of the Sustainable Seafood Forum and seek out suppliers and fishermen who share our philosophy
- Actively work with NGO’s on the development of our responsible sourcing programs e.g. The Marine Stewardship Council, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Aquaculture Certification Council (BAP), Global G.A.P, Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC), WWF